Wednesday 1 June 2016

ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION #4 - Which X-Files character would you most like to go for a drink with, and why?

For our next roundtable chat based on a key X-Files question... Which X-Files character would you most like to go for a drink with, and why?

x-files_beer

TONY: "I think I'd like to go out raving with Jose Chung. Can you imagine how mad a night would be on the town with that guy? He'd have an entire bar at his mercy as he held court telling stories that got more & more paranoid & outlandish the more drinks he had!"

CARL: "Well, while you're raving with Jose Chung I'll be sharing a pitcher of beer with John Doggett. I think he'd be great company in a social situation, and I'm sure he has some fantastic stories to share from his time in the Marines. Runner-up: First Elder. I've always thought he sounded like a gangster, so I'd like to get him drunk and find out what his background really is."

TONY: "I still reckon the First Elder is actually a Marlon Brando impersonator who wandered on set and they went "let's give him a part!""

CARL: "Haha. If I had to go for a non-alcoholic drink, I think I'd have liked the opportunity to go to the Well-Manicured Man's country estate, as seen in Fight the Future, for a cup of tea. As a working-class lad from the north of England, I'd find it interesting to rub shoulders with the upper-classes."

BAZ: "Agree that Doggett would be great to have a beer with. I imagine the Lone Gunmen would be a lot of fun though. Full of wild stories and conspiracy theories, probably in disguise as they try and infiltrate a shadowy government organization while being sociable and bickering among themselves."

MICHAEL: "I mean technically Frank Black was in The X-Files for an episode, so I would say him. I feel like it wouldn't take long for him to open up about the things he's seen and the things he's had to do, which would be really interesting at first and then kind of depressing. CSM would be my runner up because I'd love to hear him muse on about his past.

TONY: "Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man... in a pub!"

MICHAEL: "Exactly!"

SARAH: "I think The Lone Gunmen would be a lot of fun. Also, I'd love to chat with Josh Exley from 'The Unnatural'. He'd probably have some interesting stories."

SAM: "Can I say Stella Gibson? Ha! Otherwise (I want to say Scully but I don't want to be predictable) I would have to say Doggett too. I think me and him would have blast in Sheffield on a Saturday night: pizza and cheesy chips after. Plus, he's a badass so I'd feel totally safe!"

PAIGE: "So many candidates -- and Jose Chung would certainly be a fun one -- but I'm going for my drink with Reyes. She's misunderstood by so many -- particularly now since Season 10 muddied her waters. But she's a straight shooter who thinks outside the lines. And whale sounds aside, she seems like a quality individual to know. S10 sure messed with that, but as her drinking buddy, I'm holding out hope that she was doing that because of Doggett."

What do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? Let us know your choices in the comments below or on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment